Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Living in the past


I don't mean to live in the past... I just haven't posted anything for months... so I thought I better review some of my activities this year. This painting was of some friends of mine from Provo 12 years ago. Todd and Heidi moved to New York about the same time we moved to American Fork. I noticed it was Heidi's Birth day so I sent this picture to her. I had to Dig through old paintings to find it but finally did. I made a simple frame for it and shipped it to them...



I have been making many frames lately, from the very large like this 30x48 inch frame for my show in Rexburg, to this 3x3 inch frame for a friend. these frames are getting some attention too. My buddy Booker is making a short documentary about my work including the frames. It has been a fun project to work on, I have been doing time lapse photos of paintings in progress.... I will post them soon. For now here is a rough production time lapse me working on a sketch for a current commission.



This is really rough and I had the white Balance set to shadow so the color is off... it was really just a test. I added Ellie Goulding music to it and now it won't play on mobile devices... OK.


This was one of my favorite paintings from last year, at the Wasatch Plein Air Paradise event... this painting sold to one of my collectors so this year I did this version of the same house.



I made a new paint box kit for myself.. but broke the glass palette the first day out...


 
there is never enough time to do all the things I would like to do... like paint more sheep.

No comments:

Post a Comment