Friday, June 1, 2012

Night jumper?

I titled this morning painting "night jumper?" with a question mark. the past couple of nights a government truck (like a road work type truck) has stopped at the base of the cliffs just above my camp. they shine this super bright light up on the cliffs as if they are looking for something or someone....then they work their way down the canyon. strange.


I managed to make my way into town to get some gas...the road into town seems to be under constant repair, and delays reach back to Green river....(hyperbole). After gassing up I headed to a spot I had seen last night to see what I could paint during the day. I found a shady place to hide and paint some rocks in the river. As I was climbing out the small painting fell off my easel and landed "butter" side down in the dirt... arghhhh.

I have one more place I am headed before I call it a night. I started a 9x12 there last night, but the light was fading so I only got it blocked in. On the way back to camp I found this beautiful shot... it took me 10 minutes to get my camera setting right and a decent image. This one will most definitely be a painting, maybe one of the 10x15s or even a 20x40.


very nice...

No comments:

Post a Comment