Thursday, May 31, 2012

more from Moab....

My Camp is right off the water, I could probably jump in, I would have to crawl up the river bank to get out and get all muddy in the process. It makes a good base camp to paint in as well.

 

 I did this painting last night as the sun was going down, there was still light reflecting off the cliffs behind me, making the foreground warm and vibrant


I woke up at 5:30 this morning to paint this one. From my time here last year I knew I had to get up that early to beat the sun. as it was the sun lite up the cliff in the background as I was finishing.. it was tempting to add that light to the painting; maybe another painting...


It is interesting how flat the morning light is. very cool light. The contrast between these two painting really shows that.

No comments:

Post a Comment