Wednesday, May 30, 2012

1st Kickstarter trip to Moab

I left home today at 6 am. Its about 3 1/2 hours to Moab from my back door. First things first; campsite. Found one, paid for 3 nights in advance, and set up my tent. Next I drove up toward Fisher towers so I could get my feet wet... the water is really nice. If I wasn't in the middle of the picture you could see Fisher Tower in the distance... but this is the was the best shot I could get setting my camera on a rock in the water on self timer... so...


I set up my easel further down the river and painted this... I call it "Lazy Fish Shadows" because a big fish was feeding near where I set my easel, almost oblivious to me, he was rolling and making a lot of noise, but just moving real slow. Of course when I reached for my camera he recognized movement and shot away. I like the cliffs and the background..Not sure I love the water.



I turned my view down stream next to paint this big rock in the water. It stood out against the cliffs that were farther away... I left it unfinished, I might return to the site tomorrow to complete it, the wind picked up and changed the water from calm and reflective to choppy and light blue... just didn't seem to be working.


I will be adding updates the next few days as I complete paintings. There are only 2 days left on my Kickstarter project. It will fund... that's why I am here painting, I need to get a jump on the Work!




No comments:

Post a Comment