Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Goblin Monday...Etc.

I spent some time this week with my friend and artist Peter Sakievich. We traveled to the San Raphael Swell, through Buckhorn wash, Goblin valley, did this little painting


After Checking in at Goblin Valley, we raced down past Hanksville to watch the Annular Eclipse (annular we found out means ring). This shot was captured with my camera and eclipse glasses that look like 3-d movie glasses held in front of the lens.


Then It was back to Goblin valley campground to camp out for the night. It was cool to wake up in the morning before the sun was up and walk around those crazy rock forms and mud piles. After a breakfast of unsugared peaches, nuts, and pork Jerky, we drove to Kodachrome Basin State Park. I should say Peter drove... I sorta snoozed. We painted and drew nearby at Grosvenor's Arch.



After a very dusty drive back to the Basin we turned in early; Peter in his car and me under the stars. Perfect night; no bugs, no bears, no critters.


 It was cold in the morning, I had to wear gloves to wear to complete this little gem...

We broke camp and drove to Capitol Reef. I had seen a spot along the Fremont River that I wanted to paint. I was hot but the river was nice and cold to wade in. I found a spot in a shady area with some churning water nearby and painted this little one...






This trip was a Dry run for my Project along the Colorado River (which I will not be able to wade through). At this point I am about 2/3 funded with 9 days left. Hopefully in a few weeks I will be adding posts about my adventures along the Colorado.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Todd,

    I don't know if you remember us, but my husband and I helped jump start your car in Moab and you gave us a beautiful painting. I took a picture of it, and I would like to email it to you, so if you want to shoot me an email so I can forward it to you, that would be great. My email is jillmblumel@gmail.com. Thanks!

    Jill & Josh Cook

    ReplyDelete